Tasmania - Air Adventure Tour
Including Kangaroo Island, King Island, Flinders Island & Renmark
21 days - 20 nights - FULLY ESCORTED
2017 - Departing – Friday 3rd February - Sorry this magnificent tour has been completed for this year, can we talk about 2017?
The tour will be in our comfortable 6 seat Twin Engine Beechcraft Baron 58 aircraft cruising at an average speed of 180kts – 335kph (but there will be no hurry it’s an adventure)
To allow fuel requirements and your travel comfort we will take only 4 passengers on the tour.
- Day 1 - We departure early afternoon from Albany for coastal flight to Esperance – comfort & re-fuel stop then on to Forrest, Overnight Forrest @ Forrest Hilton.
- Day 2 - Early start to Ceduna then on over Streaky Bay arriving Port Lincoln mid-morning. Staying at the Grand Tasman foreshore Hotel has us right in the heart of Port Lincoln with our restaurant overlooking the bay.
- Day 3 - Staying all day in Port Lincoln allows for tours of the Tuna Industry, Boston Bay Winery with lunch, a short road trip to Coffin Bay - plus. Day 2 & 3 - Overnight Port Lincoln
- Day 4 – Early depart Port Lincoln for very short scenic flight across Spencer Gulf & Gulf St Vincent to Kangaroo Island arriving Kingscote. Kangaroo Isl. offers many places of interest including Admirals Arch Interpretive Centre, American River & some very spectacular coastal scenery.
- Day 4 & 5 - Overnight on Kangaroo Island
- Day 6 – Depart Kangaroo Isl. for 30 minute flight to Victor Harbor where we will visit the historic town of Goolwa, Hindmarsh Island and Granite Island.
- Day 6 - Overnight Victor Harbor
- Day 7 – Depart Victor Harbor for coastal flight over The Mouth of the Murray River past Mt Gambier & Port Fairy to Warrnambool. The Maritime Museum at Warrnambool will consume many hours.
- Day 7 - Overnight Warrnambool
- Day 8 – An early departure from Warrnambool for flight over Apollo Bay & Bass Straight to King Island allows most of the day on King Island to visit the Kelp Industry & the famous King Island Dairy & Cheese factory. Mid-afternoon we depart King Isl. for Hobart.
- Day 8 – Overnight in Hobart.
- Days 9 to 15 – 8 DAYS will be a road tour around Tasmania.
You will visit the famous Saturday morning Salamanca Markets on Hobart Wharf, Mt Wellington, Mona Gallery, the historic town of Richmond then on to the early penal settlement of Port Arthur. Whilst visiting this magnificently preserved settlement the Port Arthur Interpretive Centre & the skilled guides will touch your emotions with the harsh early history of our nation.
A cruise on the ancient Gordon/Frankland River aboard the luxury World Heritage Cruiser will take us to Hells Gates the scene of many tragic early ship wrecks before an informative narration & viewing of the impressive growth aquaculture industry of Tasmania, fish hatcheries, then on to a walk through an aged huon pine forest.
Step back in time with a journey through wild wilderness aboard the magnificently restored steam railway at Queenstown. Along the way your guides will captivate you with stories about treachery & legends associated with the railway & the establishment of silver mining in this rugged area.
We will visit Cradle Mountain & Liffy Falls. Apart from the spectacular rainforest walk to the water falls, Liffy Falls is also home of the biggest tree in Tasmania – not the tallest but the largest girth. After travelling the rich farm land around Deloraine & the ‘Spirit of Tasmania’ wharf at Devonport there is time to visit Cataract Gorge & The Penny Royal in Launceston.
The Beaconsfield Mine & Heritage Centre the scene of the April 2006 incredible rescue of trapped underground miners Todd Russell & Brant Webb will leave you with lasting memories of this event, well worth a visit.
There will be many memorable culinary experiences at rustic country bakeries, cafes & restaurants serving a variety of the islands finest produce & with many other attractions & places to visit I am sure you will find every day an adventure.
- Day 17 - We depart Tasmania for a short flight over Lady Baron Island to Flinders Island landing at the main island settlement of Whitemark.
- Day 18 - You will visit many of Flinders Islands picturesque lookouts, coastline & beef cattle properties of this rich agricultural grazing land.
- Day 17 & 18 – Overnight Flinders Island.
- Day 19 – We fly from Flanders Island over Deal Island , Wilson Promontory on to Latrobe Valley. After a comfort and re-fuelling stop we fly over Bendigo to Renmark
- Day 19 – Overnight Renmark
- Day 20 – Depart Renmark for 1 hour flight to Port Augusta. A 4 or 5 hour stop-over and lunch at Port Augusta will give us time to take a short road tour before departing for another 1 hour flight to Ceduna.
- Day 20 – Overnight Ceduna
- Day 21 – Early start for 2hr flight via Great Australian Bight (may see some whales) to Forrest – comfort stop & refuel – then 2hrs to Esperance. From Esperance we fly along the spectacular southern coastline to Albany arriving approx. 2.30pm
The total planned distance is 3800 nautical miles (7040 kilometers) & flight time of say 29 hours.
It is difficult to list all the sights you will see and the places you will visit but be assured you are going to be amazed at what is included in this Magic Carpet Ride to many iconic Australian locations.
Some days will be longer than others but traveling over the daily distances intended I believe you will find the itinerary to be comfortable, relaxed & interesting.
Although we can charter in almost all weather All flying during these tours is in daylight hours and only when weather is forecast to be fine or at worst light scattered showers. We want you to see as much as possible so we try to avoid cloud and excessive altitudes. In the event that we encounter bad weather we would extend our ground stay at that particular location. There is no extra cost for the flight just the extra nights’ accommodation.
Air travel including extensive cockpit introduction and familiarization $9,550.00pp (per person)
***Plus: pay accommodation individually as we go Based on Twin Share : Approx.
**1 night Forrest Hilton - 148.00 – per person
**2 nights Pt Lincoln – Grand Tasman Hotel - 100.00 – per person (2 nights)
**2 nights Kangaroo Isl - Sea Side Inn - 150.00 – per person (2 nights)
**1 night Victor Harbor - Hotel Victor - 75.00 – per person
**1 nights Warrnambool Best Western Motel - 65.00 - per person
**9 nights – various around Tasi - 675.00 – per person (8 nights)
**2 nights Flinders Isl – Bluff House - 300.00 – per person (2 nights)
**1 night Renmark river front Community Hotel - 65.00 – per person
**1 night Ceduna Community Foreshore Hotel Motel - 75.00 – per person
Total accommodation – say $ 1875.00 per person ($ 95 per night av)
***Meals, beverage and any ground tours are at own expense, transfers, taxi costs & hire cars will be
shared x 4
***Your travel bag to a maximum of 8kg should include: - light daytime slacks or shorts - long sleeve shirt/s – jeans & windcheater or jacket for the cool evenings - hat – sunglasses – sunscreen & insect repellant – light weight boots or slip-on footwear & a camera.
Payment schedule Deposit $3,000pp at time of booking (so accommodation can be confirmed and avgas ordered) & the balance of $6,550pp -14 days prior to departure.
Booking a tour – we can only reserve a tour position upon receipt of your deposit.
***In the unlikely event that we cannot tour on your tour date you have the option to re-schedule to another available date or have an immediate full refund of monies paid without deduction.
If you are unable to travel for some genuine reason, health or similar, other than ‘I’ve changed my mind’ you will receive an immediate refund of all monies paid less
any penalty we suffer on booked accommodation due to your cancellation.
Arrange your own tour with 3 mates or check on available seats.
Hope you can join us.